So, I recently finished reading Hexbound and Charmfall by Chloe Neill. However, since there wasn’t enough material in Hexbound, in my opinion, to justify doing a separate review, I’m going to combine the two. Well, first off, I liked the books. However, I thought that there were a lot of loose ends that the author didn’t tie up within the three books with the Dark Elite series. Now, at first, I thought that the author would be continuing the series, based on the loose ends. However, I looked at the author’s FAQs on her website, it said that she currently had no plans to write a fourth book. Anyway, I have book-specific questions as well as overarching questions. I’m going to include them below. But just as a precaution, if you haven’t read the books, don’t continue reading.
- Why was there no retaliation from the Dark Elite on the Adepts for destroying the laboratory that was creating the vampire hybrids? I thought that there would have been some sort of retaliation from the Dark Elite for destroying the laboratory as well as the vampire hybrids.
- Did Fayden’s actions create a truce between the Dark Elite and the Adepts? Or is there still a feud between the two groups?
- Does Michael and Scout ever officially become an item?
- What happened between Veronica and Nic, post-Sneak? Do they eventually hook up? If they do, would Nic reveal everything to Veronica and turn her into a vampire?
- What’s the truth about Lily’s parents? What is the Sterling Research Foundation? What’s Lily’s parents’ involvement with the Sterling Research Foundation?
- How much does Foley, the headmistress of St. Sophia’s, really know about the Sterling Research Foundation and Lily’s parents’ involvement with the foundation?
- What about Jason and his werewolf family? Would his werewolf family, once they find out about Jason’s relationship with Lily, break them up in favor of having Jason hook up with a female werewolf?
- What happened to Nic’s vampire creator and rival?